Monday, September 19, 2011

Google Docs Project

Rachel Ewing and I started working on a project in class where we discussed some of the benefits of google docs.  We started listing out our ideas in a new document we could share and came up with this: Click to take a look.  It was a very handy way for Rachel and I to work together considering we live three hours apart.  I was wondering how it would be best to work on group project when I lived in Coos Bay and the rest of the class was at least a three hour drive away, and Google Docs seems to be the answer.  With the comment bar on the side we can share ideas as we work together, in the future I could Skype with the people in my group while working on a document and it would feel almost like we are in the same room.

Having never used google docs before, it was a very interesting experience.  Being familiar with word processing I knew the basics, but I had to play around with all the other function that were new to me and I learned a ton, and I am sure there is still a lot more I haven't discovered.

Rachel started the document for us, and then I read what she contributed, made some changes, then added my own ideas to the document.  Rachel then went over what I had read, commented and added some links and picture. and finally I went in and added my own link and picture.

1 comment:

  1. Between Docs and Skype --- distance no longer the barrier it used to be.

    ReplyDelete