Sunday, September 18, 2011

About Me

I am Arthur Thomas Cavanaugh IV, aka Tom, aka Episode IV: A New Hope (but nobody calls me that...yet).  I am currently in the MAT program at Willamette University with aspirations of being a high school theatre/math teacher.  I grew up in the Beaverton/Hillsboro/Portland area, spending my youth riding bikes and drinking slurpees.  I went to college as a theatre major, and after ten on again, off again years I got my B.S. in Theatre with an emphasis in performance.  From there I worked as a professional actor throughout the Willamette Valley, having a ton of great experiences before I realized my heart was not in it all the way.  Which is when I discovered teaching and here I am.  I still enjoy doing a show from time to time, as well and spending time with my wonderful wife, Jessica.  I also recently adopted a Lab/Shar Pei mix puppy named Luna (yes, after Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter).  I enjoy the occasional video game with my friends online and well as playing cribbage, when I actually have someone around who knows how to play.

2 comments:

  1. ... playing cribbage. Is it your adopted puppy that plays cribbage? ___
    Definitely TAG and may need differentiated instruction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom, so....
    1) I love your humor! Every time I talk to you, I chuckle inside.
    2) I think your puppy is ADORABLE and that you named her after an awesome character.
    3) I'll play cribbage with you some time! I just re-learned how to play! I used to play all the time when I was a kid.

    Barry, I love your comment! I'd say "You're such a teacher," but you already know that! :D

    ReplyDelete